Welcome back from what I hope was an awesome weekend for you.

It appears that Summer has arrived in many parts of the U S, at least from a weather standpoint and with temperatures now hovering in the low 90s (F) there can be little doubt. It’s that time of year when being in or around water is the natural thing to do.

I found myself in the Northern Neck of Virginia, a peninsula with great historic value this weekend. It’s  my “second home” so to speak, a place I’ve been visiting for decades and a place I know quite well.

Today we have a look at the Delta Dawn, one of the many fishing boats that works the waters of the Rappahannock River.

Click image to enlarge or purchase

This HDR image is a 3-shot bracket (-2 to +2) and was taken around 8:30 am on an already hot morning. Since the lighting was quickly turning harsh, this was the last shot of the morning.

Enjoy and thanks for visiting!

Don’t miss a single update, subscribe via RSS

15 Responses to Delta Dawn

Perfect framing and a wonderful location. Nice work Jimi!
    Adam Allegro recently posted..Erice, Sicily

I like the small reflection Jimi
    Chantal recently posted..Leura office

Cool shot Jimi. Great reflection and I love the streaks of light reflected on the hull.
    Len Saltiel recently posted..Morning Serenity

Terrific shot Jimi. The reflection is unbelievable. It’s like the boat is sitting on a mirror. Love it.
    Edith Levy recently posted..Take Me Out To The Ball Game

5. Very nice Jimi. Great colors, and a nice reflection of the boat in the water.
    Steven Perlmutter recently posted..Purple Silo

6. Digging the colors Jimi. Nice little find here.
    Chris Frailey recently posted..Brian & Candace | Maternity

Cool shot! That reminds me of something from Forest Gump. I dread having to travel to the East Coast in the summer. The heat and humidity are brutal when you are from Colorado – with little or no humidity. Stay cool!
    Rick Louie recently posted..Storm Chasing iPhoneography

Nice Jimi, that reflection is perfect!
    Curt Fleenor recently posted..Tower of Power

9. Sweet reflections, Jimi! Just love the way you have simplified this image to remove all extraneous details in the boat and the water but left additional details in the trees and grass. Most effective.
    Mark Summerfield recently posted..All Faith Episcopal Church, Charlotte Hall, St. Mary’s County, Maryland

10. ken bello says:

Great shot and very nice processing.

11. Emily says:

*Sigh* I’ve always wanted my own boat … but seeing as I can’t drive one nor do I have a license for it, it would be kind of pointless! :D But I am glad you had a great weekend and enjoyed the hot weather.
    Emily recently posted..Quack!

Great shot, Jimi. That reflection threw me at first. I really like the colors.
    Mark Neal recently posted..HDR – Multi Metered – Just Beyond Reality

Wonderful composition Jimi! Love the details and colors!
    Rich McPeek recently posted..The Yough

14. [...] This is a community boat ramp area where you can launch and recover your vessel for a small fee. From this point you have direct access to the Rappahannock River, one of my favorite places to hang out. Several miles up the river is where I produced this image of the Delta Dawn. [...]