Thanks so much for all of the feedback and support on the previous post. It was very much appreciated.

Quick post today as it is quite early in the morning and I am just returning from seeing one of my favorite jazz groups, The Rippingtons.

Today we have a look inside the Baltimore Museum of Art (BMA) where I took the shot below from the corner of an exhibit that houses works by the likes of Pablo Picasso, Paul Gauguin and Vincent Van Gogh. We’re talking fine art paintings from the early 19th century.

I visited the BMA some time ago and have a ton of images that I’ve yet to process, but will do so in the near future. For now let’s have a look at one of those Van Gogh classics.

This is “A Pair of Boots”, painted in 1887, just 3 years before Mr. Van Gogh’s death at the age of 37.

Hope you enjoyed the brief peek. I’m off for a little shuteye but we’ll see you soon. ;-)

Camera: Nikon D5000

Lens: Nikkor 10.5mm & Nikkor 18-200mm

Processing:  HDR Efex Pro -Photoshop CS5 – Photo Tools 2.6

19 Responses to In the Corner

Looks like an awesome place to spend an afternoon. Nice work buddy. They let you bring in a tripod or were these handheld?
    Adam Allegro recently posted..Spiraling towards the Light

• Jimi Jones says:

This is truly a great place to see some of the greatest pieces of art work known to mankind. Unfortunately and like most museums, no tripods allowed. Had to walk around with that camera draped around my neck the entire time.

The place is huge and I think I spent about 4.5 hours there and still didn’t see everything.
      Jimi Jones recently posted..1931 Ford

it is SO sharp, great work Jimi
    Chantal recently posted..Gate 4/4

3. Marc Collins says:

Great work Jimi. I like the distorted view effect very much.
    Marc Collins recently posted..Traffic by the Arc

Very nicely done Jimi. Like the wide angle effect.
    Len Saltiel recently posted..Autumn Reflections

lovely work here Jimi, I love that first shot, such a great room! I enjoy musuems quite a bit myself!

Some awesome use of fisheye here man, I like the warm tones and the whole scene! You’ll have a blast in NYC…I’m jealous!
    Dave DiCello recently posted..Return to the city

What a place. You did a great job on this images…love it.
    Edith Levy recently posted..Smokin’

8. Great use of fisheye, really sets that 1st shot up
    Chris Maskell recently posted..They Came From the Sea

9. Dude, I am jealous, love the Rippingtons, nice photos of the museum
    Mike Criswell recently posted..Rubbing Elbows

10. Adam Olson says:

Fantastic shot Jimi! I love the use of the fisheye to get that Van Gogh image in the left of the frame
    Adam Olson recently posted..Sand Beach

Something about the fish-eye distortion always gets me. Just looks cool and dreamy.

Very cool! Love that first image!
    Rick Louie recently posted..String Lake

Love the use of the fisheye in the second shot – clever framing without distorting the core of the painting which is caught superbly. It’s great when museums allow us to use cameras!
    LensScaper recently posted..A windy day on the Piste

Love the fisheye effect Jimi, great job!
    Curt Fleenor recently posted..Woodland Shelf

I love the “Boots” painting. I once tried to do something like it in a photo, his is WAY better!
    Ken Bello recently posted..Ummagumma

16. Nice job hand holdimg Jimi. I love the fisheye view.
    A Creative Adventure /denise ippolito recently posted..Pixel Bender ~ Horse Coiffure

17. [...] Museum of Art on the Johns Hopkins University Homewood Campus. It’s where I took this corner shot from inside one of the exhibits. The weather was gloomy and it had rained most of the day, which is [...]