Welcome to the weekend… again!

Time flies when you’re having fun, as they say. To close out the week I’ll go to one of my favorite subjects, architecture. It’s where we can follow the lines to the sky and enjoy the beauty and design of tall buildings. Photos of tall buildings and skyscraper art have always been a part of my collection, even when I knew nothing more than the fact that I liked them.

The image below was taken in New York City on one of my last two trips. Not sure where this is exactly but you can see the shadow of a rooftop crane cast upon the main building in the frame.

In post-processing this was one of those easy-as-pie images that simply needed a little cleaning up after the HDR Efex Pro routine. Afterward, it was time to call it a day and schedule this to post at midnight. ;-)

Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful weekend!

Photography of Interest on

15 Responses to Lines to the Sky

Awesome shot Jimi! Great POV! Have a great weekend!

Love that bold blue and gold, Jimi. And the composition is pretty good also. :) Didn’t even notice the shadow at first.
    Mark Neal recently posted..HDR – In The Spring of Things

3. Love the blue and gold color contrast throughout this image. The shadow adds that extra interest to the shot.
    Mark Summerfield recently posted..Squawroot (Conopholis americana)

There’s that blue and gold combination. really nice!
    Ken Bello recently posted..BLOG AWARDS – 8 THINGS YOU NEVER WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT ME

WOW love the POV Jimi. You have a great eye for architecture shots.
    Edith Levy recently posted..iPhone Friday – A Blast of Color

Lovely photo Jimi. I enjoy the shots that do not require an arm and a leg to process :)
    Adam Allegro recently posted..Risking Life and Limb

How cool is that Jimi? What an awesome POV! Love the shadow!
    Dave DiCello recently posted..Colors in the night

8. Rob says:

Awesome, Jimi, love the verticalness here.
    Rob recently posted..Cove

9. I dig the yellow/blue color scheme. Well chosen.
    Andrew Marston recently posted..The Horrors of Harvard Yard -AND- 1142 Photos in an Epic 3min Vid!

Great POV for this shot. Looks like warm early evening sun, complimenting the blue of the sky. Well composed especially with that inclusion top right.
    LensScaper recently posted..The Face in the Window

Love the POV here Jimi!
    Curt Fleenor recently posted..Fire Water

12. Love the perspective. I can already feel my neck straining from looking up. Well done sir.
    Chris Frailey recently posted..Back to Grand Falls AZ

nice work Jimi and love that vibrant blue!
    Jim Nix recently posted..The Italian wine bar at EPCOT

14. Eden says:

Cool POV and comp, Jimi.
    Eden recently posted..A Rose’s Closeup

15. Beautiful blue and gold Jimi! Nice lines too!
    denise ippolito recently posted..Multiple Trees