Hello everyone!

Thanks for your comments, RTs, FB Likes and all-around support on the previous post. I appreciate it very much.

It’s been some time since I’ve produced an image of one of my favorite topics, trains. The last one was this railcar abstract, which I enjoyed processing. Today we view another, similarly processed locomotive, with it’s weathering exterior and look of sheer power. This resident of the B & O Railroad Museum was built in the early 1900s and has found it’s way onto the digital canvas. Like many other old trains at this facility, it may be headed to the restoration shop and given a new life.

Enjoy!

Click image to view larger or purchase.

An old locomotive like this deserves a B & W conversion, just for old time’s sake.

Click image to view larger or purchase.

Thanks for visiting!

13 Responses to Old Loco

Digging that black and white image Jimi!! Well done. Color also works nicely BTW.
    Adam Allegro recently posted..7300 Pixels of Awesomeness

B&W makes it more of the old days
    Chantal recently posted..Bonaire 20

Really awesome details here Jimi! I think that I like the B&W one, it almost looks like a painting!
    Dave DiCello recently posted..The Pond

B/W really works well on this one Jimi!
    Curt Fleenor recently posted..Courtyard at The Barter Cafe

Great images, Jimi. think I like the color version best. I had planned on visiting the B & O Railroad Museum this week since I’m over in Rockville. Maybe next trip.
    Mark Neal recently posted..Blues Way Back – In To It 97

Both the color and B&W work really well with this image Jimi. I am leaning toward the color though as I like all the subtle details like the rust peeking through.
    Edith Levy recently posted..Enter At Your Own Risk

Love the way the white just pops off the page against the other colors.
    Rick Louie recently posted..Warning Strike

8. ken bello says:

This is really a great shot in both color and B&W. I wouldn’t attempt to make a choice.
    ken bello recently posted..yeLLow

9. B&W for me on this one. Love the angle and the placement of your sig-very clever!
    denise ippolito recently posted..The Art of Photography

Very cool Jimi! I like em both!
    Rich McPeek recently posted..Leatherman Bridge

that’s way cool looking Jimi, great shot!!
    Jim Nix recently posted..Amsterdam impressions

I thought I was going to see some old crazy dude when I read the title :) Nice work. Love these old train shots! Both are very well done, but I think the top color image squeaks out as the winner in my eyes!
    Adam Allegro recently posted..An Evening in Piazza Plebiscito

13. Man I’m a sucker for bw photos. Awesome job Jimi.
    Chris Frailey recently posted..Dancing in Phoenix