Welcome back, I hope you enjoyed the weekend!

After traveling in and around the Washington DC area this weekend I returned home with hundreds of images to process. We’ll have a look at some of those in the coming days and weeks as I can get to them.

One such image is presented today, the National World War II Memorial. I stopped by there not long after sunrise on Saturday, finding it void of visitors initially. It’s a really nice memorial dedicated to those who served in that conflict, with all 50 states being represented. This was my first visit to this particular site and as soon as I walked up to it, I was impressed with the overall design and layout.

Click image to view large or buy!

Thanks so much for stopping by. ;-)

Photography of Interest on

20 Responses to World War II Memorial

1. WOW! Love the wild angle shot! It’s been sometime since my last visit. Looks like you have lot more fun lately! :)
    Terence Chang recently posted..HDR South Mountain Cloudy Sunset

back after more than just the weekend, nice photo to start my week with
    Chantal recently posted..Soft tone

Very nice Jimi! DC is on my list of places to get to. Great processing and composition!

Nice work Jimi, beautiful!! You got lucky with the lack of tourists!
    Adam Allegro recently posted..A Queer Structure

This is beautiful Jimi, one of my favorites of yours. Stunning lighting, beautiful POV, looks like you were there at the perfect time!
    Dave DiCello recently posted..Same view, different light

6. Marc Collins says:

Love the POV and the sky adds to the drama of the shot. Nice work Jimi.
    Marc Collins recently posted..Peyto Lake

Wow Jimi, this is just an incredible shot! The lighting is perfect.
    Curt Fleenor recently posted..Knarly

8. Eden says:

Very nice, Jimi! Gorgeous light in this, and I like how you caught the flag in the distance.
    Eden recently posted..Violets And Dandelions

Beautiful warmth in this one, Jimi. Having visited there a couple of times, I always enjoy seeing a different interpretation of the place. Yours is really great. Nice job!
    Mark Neal recently posted..HDR – Three Gulls and a Boardwalk

Love this fisheye look! That golden light on this scene is awesome!
    Rick Louie recently posted..McKenzie Bite

11. Nice one Jimi. The golden light and that sky are spot on.

12. Awesome Jimi, I love the lighting in this
    Mike Criswell recently posted..Long Layover Fun

13. Sweet image, Jimi! This is the perfect site for the fish-eye and you found wonderful light to really set this image off well.
    Mark Summerfield recently posted..Jackson’s Mill, West Virginia (Part 1)

Great shot Jimi. It’s a very powerful memorial and I love the use of the fisheye with this.
    Edith Levy recently posted..Hidden Away

It’s a beautiful memorial, well depicted.
    Ken Bello recently posted..LOOK THROUGH ANY WINDOW

16. The light in this image is just beautiful. Well done.
    Steven Perlmutter recently posted..Roadside

That’s an inspiring image, Jimi. Gentle warm light in the sky nice complimenting the warmth of some of the stone work.
    LensScaper recently posted..Plantation Panning

18. Nice job Jimi! I like the way this one came out.
    denise ippolito recently posted..Longwood Gardens Workshop Highlights

19. Emily says:

I will be going to DC very soon. I was trying to put together a list of the cool things to see! It’s always interesting to see creative architectural designs, eh? :) Amazing.
    Emily recently posted..Abbey Road

• Jimi Jones says:

DC is a treasure trove for architectural shots. I hope you have a grand time on your visit. I have a list of things I did not get around to shooting, happy to share it with you if you like. Just let me know and I’ll email it to you.
      Jimi Jones recently posted..Lines to the Sky